Fraser’s Kickboxing (FKB) Re-Opening Guidelines December 7 2020 (revisions in italics)
- Control access
One staff member must be present at all times to ensure physical distancing and to promote proper disinfection procedures.
- Limit occupancy
Maximum 11 people in the room.
An assigned class time will be used to ensure occupancy limits are adhered to. Clients will be asked to not show up if it is not your scheduled time.
Spectators and visitors are prohibited.
- Post signs
The following signs will be posted at the entrance:
- Please Do Not Enter If
- Hand hygiene Poster
- FKB No spectators during class
- FKB Required mask wearing at all times
- FKB No cueing sign
- Occupancy Limit
The following signs will be posted in the gym:
- Physical Distancing poster
- Hand Hygiene Poster
- FKB Equipment sanitization reminder after each use
- Help Prevent the Spread of COVID – 19: How to use a Mask
- FKB No Cueing sign
- Occupancy Limit
- Screen arriving patrons
Clients are asked to self-assess prior to class and not attend if they have any of the associated symptoms of COVID 19.
Clients will be asked the following questions when they arrive:
- Do you have any of the following symptoms: fever, chills, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat and painful swallowing, stuffy or runny nose, loss of sense of smell, headache, muscle aches, fatigue or loss of appetite.
- Are you, or anyone you are living with, either sick, self-isolating, or quarantined?
Any client or staff who answers ‘yes’ to the questions above within the last 10 days, will not be permitted to enter the facility or has been directed to self-isolate by Public Health.
Any client or staff with symptoms of COVID-19 will be provided the 8-1-1 information for guidance.
Any client or staff who becomes unwell during class will, put on a mask, complete hand hygiene, their area disinfected, and transport home secured or 911 called if needed.
- Manage customer entry points
Clients are asked at a maximum to show 5 mins prior to start times.
Signage on front door indicates that only students are to enter and there is to be no gathering in front of business.
Signage in the entrance stairwell indicates 2 meter distance for student cueing into the class and that students are to wait to enter the entrance way only once the individual has cleared this area.
- Require staff to self-monitor for symptoms of COVID-19
Staff who have symptoms of the illness must not work and need to self-isolate and contact their care provider. The two Assistant Instructors have reviewed these guidelines and Cleaning Plan and agree to use and promote during their classes. This includes any new assistants who may become part of the staff in the future.
- Whenever possible, use contactless forms of payment and check-in
Clients will be asked to use email transfer for all payments. Clients will be asked to contact instructor if this is not possible.
- Provide hand sanitizer stations or handwashing stations for patrons and encourage their use
Hand sanitizer stations will be placed; 1. at the entrance, 2. in each of the areas and 3. outside the restrooms.
- Use appropriate disinfectants
Fraserskickboxing will be following COVID 19 recommended cleansing protocols. See FKB updated Cleaning Plan (appendix 1).
- Provide patrons with either disinfectant wipes or disinfectant in a spray bottle and paper towels for disinfecting equipment and surfaces
There is no shared equipment during the class between clients. On completion of the class, clients will clean their area and heavy bag.
All high touch areas are cleaned prior to and after classes by instructors.
Clients must bring their own boxing gloves for use during class and are not allowed to share.
All unnecessary equipment and supplies have been removed from the gym.
- Encourage physical distancing and discourage congregating
Clients will enter gym 5 mins prior to the start of class. Each training group within an area will leave is a sequential manner to ensure physical distancing.
The gym will be divided up in the individual sections ensuring 2 meters distance between clients and instructors.
Masks will be worn at all times by all individuals. Reusable cloth masks or single use medical masks may be used.
Use of the one single stall washroom is discouraged. Instructor will clean between each use.
- Group classes can be offered provided patrons are able to remain two metres from one another at all times during a class
Classes will be scheduled with a minimum of 10 minutes between classes to allow adequate time to disinfect the gym and support ventilation before the next class beginning.
Group Class Amendment
Physical distancing will be maintained between all clients during classes. A minimum 15 min interval between classes will ensure adequate cleaning and ventilation prior to the next group class. Physical activity intensity has been reduced to minimize the risk of possible spread of the virus.
- Limit locker room use and avoid use if possible
Clients will be asked to arrive in workout clothes and change at home after class.
- Close customer self-serve drink stations, water dispensers and water fountains
Clients must bring their own water bottle and take it home when they leave. Water bottles will be kept in their area.
This revised plan as of November, has been shared with the clients and parents (as appropriate) to promote adherence and safety. Thank you for making this environment violence free. Please bring any questions or concerns to my attention as I will be evaluating these guidelines on ongoing basis.
Fraser Health (2020). Guidance for Gyms and Fitness Centres.
WorksafeBC (Nov 2020). COVID Safety Plan
WorksafeBC (Nov 2020). Protocol for Gyms and Fitness Centres.
WorksafeBC (Nov 2020). COVID 19 Health and Safety: Cleaning and Disinfecting.
OFAA Protocols for Use during COVID 19 Pandemic.
WorksafeBC (Nov 2020). COVID 19 Health and Safety: Selecting and Using Masks In Non Health Care Setting.
FKB Cleaning Plan
- Clients are asked to clean their area and heavy bag of debris and surface dirt with detergent and water spray and then wipe.
- Floors and heavy bags are then sprayed with Concorobium Broad Spectrum Disinfectant II.
- Instructor will clean all other surface areas between classes with the above two step method of detergent and water and then disinfectant spray.
- Surfaces are air dried naturally before next use.
Instructor/Owner is responsible for obtaining above supplies and ensuring they are accessible to both staff and clients.